Thursday, May 17, 2012

Whoohoo free stuff and stuff

Well, the last two days have been eventful. I got in a shipment of goodies from Xterra Wetsuits and a box of random items from the Stephen Wright, the head of the Chobani Fit Triathlon Team that I am on this year. 

Just to follow up on my last post, this year I am racing for the Chobani Fit Triathlon Team. The team is funded by Chobani yogurt (the scrumptiously thick greek kind) and was formed with the intention of promoting U25 pro triathletes like myself (who have no clue what they are doing) and who are still in school. The idea is that a lot of young triathletes could use some travel money and other 'stuff' (like yogurt) to help them compete around the US. I was lucky enough to be offered a spot, so here we are! 

Some of the other 'stuff' that I refer to is gear from Rudy Project. (Disclaimer: Rudy Project here refers to the sunglasses and helmet company, not my non-profit organization for saving disabled teddy bears in indonesia which I will make another post on later...). So I got some free helmets and sunglasses which look super fly with my new racing uniform (I got the green helmet which matches the green uni, whoot). Also in the goody bag were a couple tubes of Endurance Shield Sunscreen which was provided to us by Jarrod Shoemaker and co. who founded the company.

 Finally, separately of the Chobani Team, XTERRA Wetsuits was nice enough to send me some free'stuff' including a new Vendetta Wetsuit. I have had a Vector Pro for about 3 years which has been great but this new one is insanely nice. Its probably 1/3 the weight of the Vector pro and I tried it out today and it actually comes off my legs easily (added bonus). PLUS, it looks sick.

 Oh, I also got this freakin sweet free hat from Chobani which I am wearing in this video:

 In general, most people write their blogs, but I started this blog (when I moved to CO) so I could post videos and I am going to continue to post videos of me doing things because if a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is probably worth approximately a bazillion.

 Oh and by the way, since I didnt get around to posting them yet, check out the motivational CU tri team videos I made of us training this spring. Go Buffs!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAA07F5D2A05B74CC&feature=mh_lolz

No comments:

Post a Comment