Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Ride With Rudy: Plains and Lefthand Canyon

Inspired by the marginally famous (and absolutely terrible) movie "A Ride With George" featuring George Hincapie, "A Ride With Rudy" is going to be the trademark name of my minimally famous (and hopefully not too terrible) helmet camera riding series.

This is the first test of the helmet camera on a real ride and although it definitely isnt aero (sorry triathletes) and weighs about as much as a motorcycle helmet (I guess it will help strengthen my splenius capitis muscles...), it worked well and I hardly noticed it (even though everyone that went by me sure did).

Lots of comments, stares, and even 2 conversations from passing motorists and bikers. The serious bikers around here are a bit pretentious it seems and I guess they dont like seeing people with rocks strapped to their helmets as counterweight.

In any case, the ride went from the plains east of boulder to the low foothills north of boulder with a view of boulder reservoir at 0:27 and then down through Lefthand Canyon before finishing through the flats of the Boulder 70.3 bike course (3:50 and on) back to south boulder where I live.

Video editing was on flip, but future video edits should be even better with my new macbook pro (if it ever gets here!)

Enjoy.



PS. hopefully you find this video as ridiculous as this blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment